Ineffable Odyssey by Pedro Gallardo, Mixed Media
20 x 20
Spatula/ Mixed Media
Pedro Gallardo was born on October 2nd, 1970, in the city of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. In 1986 he began studying painting at the National School of Fine Arts, in Santo Domingo, and then entered the Universidad Católica de Santo Domingo, where he studied Advertising Art and Advertising Illustration.
In 1998, he studied at the Center for Proposed Art, with Alberto Bass, who has among his merits, having been Director of the Gallery of Modern Art. Subsequently, Gallardo conducted research in the field of photography, in the Workshop Course taught by Enriquillo Rodriguez Anima, and then participates in a Drawing Workshop Course with the teacher Fabre Sallent at APEC University. He also did the Ceramic Painting Workshop, with the teacher Eduardo Fiallo.
In 1990, he made his 1st Individual Exhibition in Santo Domingo, entitled “Algo Innato”, which received praise from national critics. In 1992, he took classes in Design, Interior and Mural Decoration, with the prestigious designer Rafael de León.
In 1991, he made his 2nd Individual Exhibition in the Art Room of the Hotel El Embajador, in Santo Domingo. After participating in various arts events and group exhibitions, in 1993 he participated in the Art Fair, in the Hotel Embajador’s Showroom. In 1996, he participated in the “Bienal Marginal Silvano Lora” in Santo Domingo.
In 1997, he participated in the Exhibition “Arte Joven”, held at Casa de Teatro, Santo Domingo. In 1999, he traveled to San Juan, Puerto Rico, and participated in the collective auction, Oncology Hospital and the College of Plastic Arts. In 2001, he exhibited his works at the Galeria Viola in Puerto Rico.
In 2001, he participated in the event “Artists against Cancer” in Puerto Rico. In December of that same year, he participated in the Collective Exhibition “Contance Buono Galery”, Puerto Rico. In 2002, he participated in the 7th National Agro and Nature Painting Contest held in Santo Domingo, where Mr. Gallardo obtains 2nd Honorable Mention.
In 2003, he participated as a guest artist in the collective exhibition in Tribute to Ramon Oviedo and Milan Suero, held in Santo Domingo. In April 2004, he participated in “Artists for Progress” Expo-Collective “Culture with Leonel”. In December 2005, he participated in the Collective Exhibition “La Quinta Dominica”, Santo Domingo, among some of the others exposed below:
- 2006 – Individual Exhibition “Without Prescription” at the Global Democracy and Development Foundation (FUNGLODE)
- 2009 – Expo-Collective “6+1” Family Museum
- 2010 – XIII International Book Fair, 1st Fast Painting Contest, obtaining the 1st prize
- 2010 – Pedernales Fair (Mural)
- 2010 – Collective Exhibition :Generations” at Santa Maria Art Gallery in Santo Domingo
- 2011 – Collective Exhibition “Del Sur al Caribe Hispano” at Nader Art Gallery in Santo Domingo
- 2011 – Exhibition “Dreams for Art for a Smile” at Bodden Gallery
- 2012 – Individual Exhibition at Gato Pardo Gallery’s Show Room in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- 2014 – Rhythm, Color and Style in February for the Group Exhibition Harlem Work Space at 2350 5th Ave., New York City
- 2015 – Art Expo New York in April at Pier 94, New York City
- 2016 – ArtForo on April 7th at the Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz Center, New York City
- 2016 – Enticing Interiors & Art Gallery, Pedro Gallardo & Willy Perez at 300 E 39th St, New York City
- 2016 – Collective Exhibition at Nader Art Gallery for International Women’s Day at Santo Domingo
- 2017 – Flora and Fauna for District & Co. The Gallery
- 2018 – Art Santa Fe, 2018 Contemporary Art Show
- 2019 – Venice Biennale, Arte Spazio Tempo Gallery, Italy
- 2019 – Dreams of the Eart, Collective exhibition. Saphira & Ventura Gallery NY.